Job Opening: Morning Shelter Supervisor
Corpus Christi House (CCH) is seeking a compassionate, dedicated and well-organized individual to Open and Supervise the morning shift of a daytime homeless shelter in Boise, ID.
About the Position
With the continuous support of CCH’s Board of Directors and a myriad of passionate volunteers, a successful Morning Shelter Supervisor will fulfill the following specific duties:
- Provide a compassionate, consistent physical on-site presence from 7:00 – 10:00 Monday through Friday to ensure that CCH’s vision is realized among our guests, donors and volunteers.
- Support, supervise and build relationships with our volunteers. (CCH utilizes dozens of volunteers, both from the community and the ranks of our homeless guests).
- Serve as a mediator to resolve disputes between guests.
- Cleaning and general maintenance as needed.
- Coordinate with the Operations Coordinator or CCH Facilities Committee
- Support the cleaning needs of the kitchen volunteers
- Solicit volunteer assistance from guests
- Operate and maintain all cleaning equipment
- Maintain the storage shed and custodial closet, keeping them clean and organized
- Assist with ordering and purchasing of cleaning supplies and equipment
About Your Employment
- 6:30 – 10:00 Monday-Friday
- Up to 20 hours per week
- $12 per hour
Learn more about Corpus Christi House
- You are compassionate, strong in heart, generous in spirit and feel called to our vision and mission.
- You are reliable, prompt and consistent
- You are a good communicator, keeping all those involved in a project informed and up to date.
- You share our vision that the homeless are citizens of Boise and the Kingdom of God and that all people are deserving of respect and dignity.
- You are well-organized and know how to prioritize responsibilities.
- You are passionate and excited about making a real impact in your community.
- You thrive on chaos (or at least tolerate it) and keep your cool under pressure.
- You are OK with ambiguity and willing to pitch-in and help as needed.
- You have experience with general maintenance and cleaning and are willing and able to move tables and chairs and clean the facility.
About Corpus Christi House
Corpus Christi House is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to easing the burden of being homeless by providing hospitality and basic services to the Treasure Valley’s homeless community. We are an interdenominational group of local citizens inspired by the belief that all people deserve dignity, acceptance and the basic needs of life. Services provided include companionship, clothing, warmth, restrooms, showers, laundry, telephone, mail, storage of personal belongings, employment and educational assistance, and much, much more.
An example morning shift at Corpus Christi House:
- 6:30 – Arrive and prepare the shelter for guests. Setup tables and chairs, start the coffee, clean as needed.
- 6:45 – Setup morning food service with cereal, milk, bread and supplies
- 7:00 – Open the shelter and back gate
- 7:00 – 8:00 –Remain in the kitchen and main room to serve guests until the first volunteers arrive.
- 8:00 – 9:30 –
– Clean the front and back patio and alley as needed
– Clean the kitchen and drinking fountain as needed.
– Perform minor repairs as needed.
– Keep custodial shed and closet organized
– Check bathrooms for any required cleaning
- 9:30 – 10:00 – Clean the StepUP room as needed. Check-in with staff and volunteers and coordinate with Noon and 4:30 Shifts on duties performed and what is needed for the next shift.
How to Apply
Please apply electronically by email including a cover letter and resume: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter, please tell us why you are applying, why you think you are qualified for this position, and how working at a daytime homeless shelter fits into your overall life’s mission.
If you want to make a positive difference in the lives of our community’s homeless citizens, then please apply today.